Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Whistle while you work.....

What else can you do on a hot day in July when even swimming in the pool seems tortuous? Clean of course! Since college- age son has completed summer school algebra class and work schedule is scanty he is engaged to scrub the kitchen tile with Mrs. Meyers Lemon Verbena Cleaning Spray. I am hopelessly into fragrances so I believe I am making his chore more enjoyable. We shall see. More the merrier and it certainly makes the load lighter as the girls joined in with their own respective jobs. Charlotte cheerfully helped me change my bedroom sheets while Rose picked up her bedroom and supposedly cleaned her bathroom. Absolutely no one receives extra credit for complaining......but you just might receive an extra chore. Whistling, however, is permissible.

3 comments:

Hill upon Hill said...

I love a nice fragrance too, lavender is mine... have left a little post about your blog on mine....

Karen said...

Lemon verbena is a favorite here, too. I just got some hand soap by Burt's Bees in that fragrance while in the mountains this week. I think it does make a chore much nicer.

Hill upon Hill said...

Guess which tune was in my head all day yesterday....
Thankyou for the recipe.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...