Monday, August 4, 2008

Angelina Ballerina at my house

Several years ago, American Girl Company offered a charming and imaginative play set that we were so fortunate to purchase before it was sadly discontinued. The play set is created from Katherine Holabird's charming character, Angelina Ballerina. Rose acquired the three room board house and the entire furniture collection for the three rooms. All the things, along with the loved dolls, were handed down to Charlotte. Ever so often, we pull down the soft, pink- stripped boxes and Charlotte will spend hours in cozy Mouseland imagining Angelina and Alice chatting over tea and cookies in the winsome kitchen.
Or resting comfortably in the tidy living room before heading to ballet class.
After a full day, it's time to don the pink satin pajamas and crawl into the big blue bed with a good book!

I love it when Charlotte brings me an Angelina Ballerina book to read to her. The illustrations by Helen Craig are inviting and the stories are simply classic.

2 comments:

Hill upon Hill said...

Another thing in common. I love reading those books too. I have a feeling of excitement that I too will get to look at the beautiful illustrations. We have a paper doll book in this series.

Fiona said...

These are so sweet. I love Angelina. We have some dolls and outfits that came with a magazine series, but I love the little rooms and furniture!

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...