Wednesday, August 13, 2008

An apple, or two, a day....



There are apples covering my kitchen counters. Dropping by my son's place one afternoon, I discovered several trees loaded down with unattended, hence organic, apples. Not wanting them to all go to waste, or to the deer, we hurried over there last night after supper. Surprisingly, these "wild" apples are deliciously sweet. Good for eating and good for cooking. Charlotte donned an apron and assisted me in baking an apple pie for supper tonight. First we rolled the pastry crust, then we stirred the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg into the sliced apples. It was too much, we just had to taste one. Okay, two.

1 comment:

Hill upon Hill said...

Oh my that looks so good. YUM.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...