Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Icy Watermelon Dessert

Having some watermelon that needed to be used quickly, I decided to teach Rose how to make an easy, fun dessert. You may call it granita or sorbet, same recipe just a different technique of freezing it. I pureed about 1/4 of a watermelon with pineapple mint and stirred in 1/4 cup of sugar. I relied on my Cuisinart ice cream/sorbet machine to freeze it which actually took no time at all ( I put it on while I was preparing supper). The other method is a little more time consuming because it involves putting it in a casserole dish in the freezer and scraping the mixture ever so often during the freezing process which takes several hours.


Very refreshing and light! Rose especially enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Hill upon Hill said...

That looks very gourmet. What a nifty gadget that ice machine is...

flmom said...

That looks so good! My oldest is crazy about watermelon though so it's rare for us to ever have any extra in the fridge - that's not a bad thing though!

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...