Friday, August 1, 2008

Vegetable Supper


We are still enjoying the summer's harvest. For the past two nights we have had dinners of vegetables only. No one complains. Sliced cucumbers are a favorite. Add a pinch of sugar, salt, pepper, and white wine vinegar. I could eat the entire bowl all by myself! But I will control myself and share.
My mouth waters when I think of tomato tart. Nothing fancy, but the burst of flavors created with just a few simple ingredients makes a savory supper indeed.
Tomato Tart
Prepare pastry dough. Roll to fit pan approximately 1/2 inch thick.
Brush lightly with olive oil
Slice tomatoes and place on dough. Any type of tomato will work, but I find romas or a smaller variety work best.
Drizzle olive oil and add chopped fresh basil.
Top with grated parmesan cheese.
Bake 375 degrees 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...