Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tent Vows and Glass House Toasts

My husband, eldest son, and I attended a special wedding Sunday evening. The ceremony was held under a tent by a lake with ducks swimming by on the water. The bride and groom vowed to love, honor and cherish until death do them part in a hushed setting of serenity. The reception celebrating the marriage was in the Glass House just up the lighted pathway.
The white chair coverings and black bows added a touch of panache.
The guests were well-fed with these delectable morsels. Unfortunately, my plate was minus the jumbo shrimp. I think I like them....and I would like to like them, but I just don't!
Wedding cake was eaten while we visited with our dear friends, the parents of the groom. It was delicious, not too sweet.....just right (the cake and the conversation). A magical view of the lighted path to the Glass House. As we meandered our way back to our car we felt as if we had wandered into wonderland as the thousands of tiny white lights on the trees surrounding the parking lot dazzled us with their sparkle and glitz.

"Marriage is one of the most profound passages of life a person experiences.
This is because it includes three significant stages,
simultaneously incorporating
an ending, a merging, and a beginning."
Sydney Barbara Metrick

1 comment:

Hill upon Hill said...

So beautiful. How nice to share such a special time with dear ones.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...