Thursday, October 9, 2008

cabinets, coffee beans, and candles

A particular corner cabinet in my kitchen was in sore need of attention. This is the same cabinet I open every single morning to ease out a coffee filter to make the morning's pot of coffee, and every afternoon to scrounge around the tea selections in order to seep a soothing cup of tea.

It was a pitiful sight!

All contents were removed and laid on the counter, then neatly rearranged and stored back in the cabinet. In the process some old hazelnut coffee beans were discovered. Just enough to place into an old "Quaker Oats" oatmeal dish with a chocolate scented candle- coffee house aroma permeated my kitchen. What an added treat to my now orderly cabinet!

1 comment:

The Editrix said...

It's beautiful, Cathy!

It's a great feeling when you get a messy cabinet or closet or any other storage space clean and organised and looking great. It's almost fun organising and cleaning things - it's the keeping things clean and organised part that I struggle with!

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...