Sunday, December 14, 2008

Celebrating Advent


On the eleventh day before Christmas........

...... Christmas carols are played on the piano.

All the traditional favorites are played from the church hymnal I received many years ago as a result of perfect attendance in the Junior Choir. I own some lovely versions of Christmas piano music, but I find myself always reaching for and just settling into this comfortable hymnal, especially when we have singalongs.

...... As well as gathering around the piano to light the Advent candles as the Word according to Isaiah is read. Almost in hushed tones "Lo How A Rose Ere Blooming" is sung with a modicum of reverence.


O come let us adore Him!

No comments:

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...