Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Brief Glimpse

There was yesterday......
And then there was today:
  • I made lamb stew with Sunday's leftover leg of lamb for supper tonight.
  • Even though that seems like a cold blustery day meal, and today is cloudless with gentle breezes, and I've seen my children run by in the tall green grass with barefeet.
  • Buttermilk biscuits were made with tablespoons of butter cut into bite-size pieces.
  • When the hot biscuits came out of the oven, I could not resist and ate one.
  • Slender stems of asparagus roasted in the oven with a tad of olive oil. By the way, asparagus can be eaten with the fingers, I personally was delighted to find this bit of information.
  • After calling the children and my husband to come eat and waiting for at least 10 minutes without results, I ate alone. The longer days and warm, sunny weather keeps them satisfied outside until either darkness falls or everyone else goes in for supper.
  • Yes, it was different, but I had Bing Crosby on CD to keep me company. It was fine until he began singing "Jingle Bells" and "I'll Be Home For Christmas". I laughed alone too.
  • Came upstairs to discover my husband in the office, it seems he did not hear me call, so I will now go and fix his supper. But I will sit with him and smock....he will not need to eat alone.

3 comments:

crochet lady said...

I can't resist a warm biscuit from the oven either! On that last part, at first I thought you said smooch instead of smock.(smile)

PAK ART said...

That sounds like a very satisfying alone time. Not sad, but enjoyable as you watch your precious family enjoying the outdoors around you.

Hill upon Hill said...

I love Bing Crosby, it reminds me of America, especially at Christmas time though. Yummy food moments. It is cold here tonight.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...