Friday, April 3, 2009

An enlightened moment

As Holy Week is rapidly approaching I am consciously preparing myself to be drawn into the passion of next week's celebration events. Also looking for ways to draw my children that they too may grasp the eternal truths. We began with a study of Passover as recorded in Exodus 12.

Sitting in the warmth of the morning's sunshine, Bibles opened in blue jean laps, reading aloud, a light comes into her eyes, "Mama, the blood, the doorposts, the cross........".

Yes, darling daughter...... you see.

Psalm 119:18 Open my eyes that I may behold wonderful things out of your law."

3 comments:

PAK ART said...

A parent's most important mission should be to pass on the importance of God in their child's life. I believe that if you raise a child in the way they should go, they will not depart from it. Our church is holding a Seder this year before Easter. We are all going to sutdy the traditions and meaning of the items used during passover.

crochet lady said...

It is a heart swelling moment when our children began to see the truths of God.

Hill upon Hill said...

Yes, the blood and the door posts, difficult but necessary, as the only means that Pharoah finally, would let God's people go.

It is lovely to know that we will walk through this holy week together.

Your tree is a wonderful idea.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...