Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Playhouse

Ever since I was a little girl I have entertained lasting dreams of playhouses.

Therefore, it only seemed fitting that my daughters should have a little cedar house tucked under the corners of the trees, for moments and days of imagining and playing.


With sleeping lofts crammed with pillows, blankets and favorite things.




A step ladder for singing or resting, when not needed for climbing above, of course.

And a gently creaking swing on the front porch perfect to share with a sister.

My dreams have come full circle.

4 comments:

PAK ART said...

That's a beautiful playhouse and your girls are beautiful too. We had one when we were kids. I can remember laying on the roof of it and trying to coax a squirrel to eat out of my hand.

Elisabeth Black said...

Oh, my goodness, how WONDERFUL.

Did you have fun at the sea? I'm reading Sarah, Plain and Tall to my biggest girl now, so it was fun to come here and see that quote. It's a good book.

Hill upon Hill said...

You have evoked childhood thoughts for me too.

crochet lady said...

I almost missed this post.
I have always wanted a playhouse. When I was a girl the closest thing that I had to a playhouse was a small grove of pines I used to play under. I would pretend I had a home there.

That's so great that your girls have one. If I'd have had boys that would have been a must, but I've helped build many a portable fort or teepee.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...