Monday, June 22, 2009

These Happy Sewing Days

"I declare," said Ma," I don't know how we ever got along without that sewing machine. It does the work so easily; tucking is no trouble at all. And such beautiful stitching. The best of seamstresses could not possibly equal it by hand."
These Happy Golden Years
Laura Ingalls Wilder


Yes, the sewing of lovely seams on my sewing machine, creating sundresses of bright floral cottons for Charlotte and cute skirts to wear on these hot summer days for me.


3 comments:

PAK ART said...

I love the Little House books! I remember that quote. How wonderful to wear clothes you make yourself...you can get the colors you want, the patterns, the size that actually fits. I'm envious!

Karen said...

Good morning!
I would love to see your new items you are making. My sewing has been shelved until the garden slows down. (I would love for you to come help with tomatoes!! ;-D)
Your post about the ice cream also jolted my memory about buying a new ice cream freezer. Ours went out a few weeks ago. That just won't do around here in the summertime. ;o)
I'm just getting back in the swing of things, and I will e-mail you soon.
Enjoy your sewing!
Karen

crochet lady said...

I haven't done any sewing on my machine in quite a while. I have made a few clothing items, but that was in my teens/early twenties. I am way out of practice. Someday I'd like to try my hand at quilting, but just not quite yet.

Thanks for the explanation. I tried adding header pictures but they always see to take up too much space. I was wondering about the 'you might like these stories' at the end of your posts. How do you get those as a link on the your blog?

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...