Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Thirty-one years ago today....

As I look through the wedding albums of brides today, I can only manage to sigh. The photographs I flip through are amazingly creative and outstandingly beautiful.

The year was 1978 and this photo from my wedding album was taken by the best photographer my town had to offer. It was considered to have special effects.Love that endures over a lifetime is not a result of a decision made once; but one that is made over and over again, the same choice..... the same person. I would make the same choice I made thirty-one years ago as I stood at the church's altar in the presence of God and many witnesses and said," I Do".



Happy Anniversary, Love!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! May you enjoy many, many more years together.

Hill upon Hill said...

Well as the 'bride' popped up in my new posts I thought what a stunning photo. Now I see it, enlarged and I still think it is stunning. Lovely to see you and your husband. Congratulations.

crochet lady said...

Cathy,
Happy, Happy Anniversary!

I would have said "I do" again to my hubby too. I love him more every year.

Blessings,
Jen

PAK ART said...

Happy Anniversary although I'm a few days late. I too love the photo. We were too poor when we got married so didn't hire a photographer. My sister, who took photography in high school, was the designated picture taker. We don't have a single picture of me and my husband together except heading out the church hiding from the rice being thrown at us.

jan said...

Congratulations! 31 years! We'll be hitting our 25th in August, and like you, he's still the one and only. :-)
That picture of you is lovely, btw.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...