Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Classic Tea


Classic Tea, 2:30 sharp, at a Inn in a town made prosperous by family tobacco money.

We all carried our ladies purses and wore our summer sandals which we settled under the spotless white linen tableclothed table.

Sitting at a corner table encircled by the multi glass-paned windows, we chose our tea preferences, pots of white tea with hints of pear and pineapple and mango, black teas laced with vanilla. The server called the sugar lumps (not cubes) , we collected the lumps to sweeten our tea with a little silver spoon.



Shiny elevators in the lobby upon which proper tea time behavior was discarded for a brief moment.



Because we were completely filled up, it was time to go home.

4 comments:

PAK ART said...

I never went to a real tea party as a child...your girls are very fortunate. I do love going to teas as an adult and chat with my lady friends. There's something so fun about fancy tea things, little bite-size snacks and flavorful tea. My favorite is Ceylon with some 1/2 and 1/2. Delicious.

crochet lady said...

How fun. I don't think I have ever been out anywhere for a proper tea. Those teas sounded wonderful. I have lots of favorites, but I would have to agree with Pak Art, a fruity Ceylon is my most favorite.

jan said...

Oh it looks like a lovely, "feminine" thing to do....
camo and hot dogs are the big treat around here.:-)

Elisabeth Black said...

I can't wait till my girls are old enough to do something like this.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...