Monday, July 27, 2009

Felt Cookies


I call this child's play. A deep need of such play may grab me at any time and the results may be diverse. For me, recently, this need was nurtured in the making of these cookies. Indescribable fun I had in creating them from felt, embroidery floss and buttons.

Charlotte's imagination is running helter and skelter with a list of food items she now wants me to make for her from felt. The sky is the limit, and all the food stuff in between heaven and earth is just waiting for play days of happy hand stitching.

And yes, since you said please, you may have a cookie.

3 comments:

crochet lady said...

Your felt cookies are just wonderful and they look good enough to eat! I bet is was so fun making those.

When I was a girl my mom would crochet me play food. I thought that would be fun to do sometime.

PAK ART said...

What a wonderful idea - it makes me want to run out and buy felt and make a batch of wonderful cookies for my granddaughter to play with. These would be awesome for the church toddler room too. I suppose the buttons might not mix well with the nursery kids.

Karen said...

Those are just precious! There's just something about having something to sew by hand while sitting with a glass (or cup) of tea, isn't there? Very peaceful.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...