Saturday, August 15, 2009

Girls' Bathroom Muse

Seeing: Bunnies here, bunnies there, bunnies on the wallpaper border edged around the ceiling on buttery yellow walls.



Hearing: Gallons of clear lukewarm water pouring from the chrome faucet. Particular sounds may trigger certain sensations or memories. When I hear bathroom faucets running, a calm settles into a level of my unconsciousness, creating soothing impressions of approaching bedtime, an end to a full day.



Smelling: Herbal Essence shampoo, "Pink coral flower with an infusion of nectarine". Not being a connoisseur of shampoo fragrances, I will gladly take their word that the sweet smells attacking my nostrils are what they state on the bottle.



Touching: A pale pink terrycloth towel, within arm's reach


Tasting: Mint toothpaste oozing from the tube. Yes, they have had training on how to close a toothpaste tube, I am thinking maybe a refresher course would be helpful.

Squeaky clean!

3 comments:

Karen said...

That's such a sweet bunny border. I think it's perfect for girls.
We have always wound down our days with baths at night when the girls were younger. It was sort of a way to "decompress" from the days and prepare them for sweet dreams.

I'm so envious of your Vermont trip! We've wanted to travel there, as well. We would love to go in the Fall. Have a wonderful time!

crochet lady said...

That's another great sense tour! Love that picture of the water coming out of the facet, it looks cool and slippery, frozen in time like a hunk of ice, thought I suppose it was warm water for a bath.

Hill upon Hill said...

I think your photo's are lovely.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...