Thursday, August 13, 2009

Kitchen Muse

While reading a particular post a while back, here, my fancy was inspired with how she showed the five senses being enjoyed in her home that day. I thought it would be fun to do a similar thing within the different rooms of my house. Please fell free to follow along if you would like. Today it will be the kitchen:

Seeing

Chair seat cushions askew, letting you know it is far from perfect.


Empty little "jelly" jars with the tiniest traces of leftover juice left behind, on the table.


Hearing
The zebra finches twittering to one another, interposed with a sonorous melody to his "wife". I know why the caged birds sing......


Smelling
Sweet pickle spices and vinegar....tingling the insides of my nose!



Touching
Bronze faucets, hard and clean. I touch them many times over a course of a day.


Tasting
Cantaloupe, garden ripe and delicious, I believe this food should have a place at my table for every meal served at this time of year.



A very happy place.

2 comments:

crochet lady said...

Love your senses tour, what a great idea! We so often take for granted the wonderful way i which our body experiences the world around us.

Hill upon Hill said...

I love the senses tour too. I just appreciate learning more about your daily life and really love your enjoyment in your every day.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...