Thursday, December 3, 2009

Glitter

I want to think God said, "Let there be glitter!"

And there was glitter.


No messes here.

I like glitter coatings from my cheek to my bare toes and everywhere in between. Making carpets shiny along with its flashing rainbows on the bumpy texture; chairs, how simply wonderful, the lucky recipient can then walk around with a sparkly bottom; and speckles all over the table, thought of as fairy dust magic remaining for days, or maybe even weeks.

This super fine glitter is shimmery and soft like petals. It is a perfect asset to my Christmas ornaments, to add pizazz and extra shine.

Just a tiny puff of breath or the wisp of a fine brush will remove any excess glitter.



But only add blueberries to the pancake batter, please!

6 comments:

Karen said...

ohhh....I love glitter. I have a sled at my back door that I plan to "glitter up".
Love your ornaments, and I'll have to try that brand of glitter soon.

crochet lady said...

Glitter is pure fun. Although when I use it in my story time projects, I think there are some moms who aren't too happy about transporting a gluey, glittery paper home from the library.

The dB family said...

Lol! I hope you didn't end up with sparkly pancakes. I love glitter too! I do find it follows us around for days after we've used it though. I like to think it's just reminding us of the fun we had and to come play again :o).

Thank you for your sweet comment. I have found that too. I look forward very much to your posts! I do hope you find your City on a Hill CD back again.

Blessings!
Deborah

PAK ART said...

I'm still smiling about the fairy dust on your bottoms and spreading it around. I've had my share of glitter throughout the house. Right now it's pet hair throughout - I'd trade that for glitter anyday!

jan said...

I agree. Glitter was/is a wonderful, happy invention. Your ornaments are lovely!

Hill upon Hill said...

Your blog is always so homely. I would love to visit you one day.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...