Thursday, March 4, 2010

the warmth of sepia

And how I desire to express the warmth of serving my elderly parents at this time in their lives.





Daddy turned eighty-four yesterday, so we baked a basic buttermilk cake and frosted it with ganache icing, knowing how much "Granddaddy loves chocolate".

We drove the one and one-half hour on the interstate with Mr. Putter riding in the crate in the back of the car. To celebrate life.

Our times are treasured with them, regardless of the realities of the giants in their lives that become even larger giants in ours on an almost weekly basis.

Nothing is easy about this road.


Sepia highlights it beautifully.

2 comments:

The dB family said...

It's so beautiful it brings tears to my eyes. Hope your Daddy birthday was wonderful!

Blessings!
Deborah

Karen said...

This is a rough time for you, I'm sure. I'm glad you can spend this time with them now. What a blessing to them you and your family are.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...