Tuesday, May 8, 2018

marveling

Early, at daybreak, she was placed in my arms. She was my first and last child to have been born at a birthing center, and after the  necessary baths and clean-ups, we strapped our newborn daughter into a car seat, got into the car to travel an hours drive, and as we turned down the long- graveled driveway to the farm, I sighed. We were home. That afternoon as the sun was pouring through the west-facing window I was in bed with my newborn daughter in my arms and how I marveled.
Today I continue to marvel

If I could have written a story that day of the thoughts I was pondering in my heart  as I held her, and the gamut of dreams and hopes I carried through the ensuing years for her future it would not looked anything like the reality of  what her life is today, twenty-two years later. Yet, I still marvel.

It is truly Rose's story to tell, it is not necessary for me give the details here and I only possess one perspective of a complex situation. This journey has changed me in more ways than I could express, but my sight is staunch today as I boldly look at the future for His total redemptive plan, I refuse to see anything less. What started in 2013 reached disproportional limits by 2014, and from there we hung on trying to stay afloat, constantly praying, sometimes with deep wailing, and trusting, always trusting the LORD.

She lives with her beautiful daughter four and 1/2 hours away from us at the present. She  is working  full-time and going to school. Neither she nor her daughter have contact or support from her estranged husband. To say I am not proud of her would be nothing short of a lie. I am tremendously proud of this courageous daughter of mine. And I marvel at His grace.
                                                       
                                          Happy Birthday sweet Rose!




"The desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose." Isaiah 35:1

1 comment:

Polly said...

Cathy--Thank you so, so much for the reminder on my blog post of Elisabeth Elliott's quote that there is no grace in the "what ifs." (What book is that from? I think I need to get my hands on that...) I am trusting God to unfold His plan in our lives, even when it seems confusing or scary.

Your daughter and granddaughter are just beautiful! I think *all* our lives are about trusting God with the unknown, whether that's husband's health or little kids' issues or grown children's futures. He knows the future and we don't. Thank you for that reminder and the prayers.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...