Saturday, July 7, 2018

the completion of Middlemarch


It took exactly two months! I began reading Middlemarch on May 7 and finished reading the Finale on July 7. It traveled within my home as I would read it in bed, in the living room, or outside while sitting on the wicker furniture. I also read it in the car waiting for Charlotte, by the pool, and on the beach, not to mention the hours reading while traveling in the car (as a passenger...*smile*).  Note the worn edges...to be expected on any book as it is tucked amongst carrying gear. To say I did not sigh with satisfaction as I read the last pages is an understatement. But my satisfaction was two-fold, no make that three-fold.

1. I was satisfied that I had taken the challenge to read the novel.
2. I was satisfied that I had completed the novel.
3. I was satisfied in how much I enjoyed the novel.

I will remember reading this book, and I hope I will revisit certain thoughts from this novel as the summer months linger. It is that kind of book, a true classic. You may read my review on goodreads.https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2371409955




No comments:

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...