Wednesday, August 1, 2018

August Yarnalong


 Yes, I am still knitting the same sweater I began in June, but it is summer after all and there are so many adventures that just do not involve knitting, and I must confess here that during my evening knitting times I find myself nodding off to sleep...while knitting...you know what that means don't you..."tinking" or unknitting the next night! And while this Swans Island Merino wool is a perfect knitting yarn for these hot days of summer weather, it is a fingering weight which for me translates as slow going since I am not a fast knitter. But it is an extremely lovely knit with a pattern that is easy to memorize and I am presently on to knitting the second shoulder.

 Back in high school I first read The Chosen and it was one of those novels that stuck on a "mind board" as an excellent book. When Alan was visiting back in the spring, we discussed certain books I should read and after he left I happened to discover this book in his extensive book stash, my memory was jarred and I just knew I must read it again this summer. Because of my growing love of Israel and the Jewish people which has evolved over the years, I understand its story so much more, yet I realize I still know so little. And I want to know more.

Joining up with Ginny and her Yarnalong this first day of August.

1 comment:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Your sweater will be beautiful, I love the colour of the yarn. Your book sounds like a thoughtful read too.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...