Thursday, March 7, 2019

daily measures

I have been reading quite a bit lately about the renewing of the mind. The basis of this thought for me is based on the Holy Scriptures which states that I am not to be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of my mind in order that I would by proving, discern the will of God (Romans 12:2). First and foremost I renew my mind through the careful reading and meditating upon His Word regularly, trusting fully in the Holy Spirit. I am dependent on the Holy Spirit to renew my mind in all that I do, think, or say. Renewing my mind also involves looking at everything I do in the light of God's Word, and then giving application from His Word to the daily happenings in my life, no matter how big or how small that might look at any given moment.

This morning while I was busy in my kitchen, MR. C. came to tune our piano. I continued with the making of a loaf of sourdough Einkorn bread and made a tasty vegetable beef soup; Charlotte sat at the kitchen table doing some of her school work occasionally interspersing  questions about a paper she was writing. It was restful hearing the dramatic rising and falling pings of the piano in the next room mixed with gentle choppings and occasional stirrings of the soup while the levain was set with the flour to rise for five hours.


 The field of ornithology fascinates me, and my husband is kind to indulge me in allowing the backyard feeding of these creatures year round. Recently I ran across excellent sites, here and here to aid in learning to recognize various bird sounds. As I take my daily walk many times I hear more than I see, therefore it would be extremely helpful to being able to detect several of the birds by their beautiful calls and songs. 
(Above photo): During the cold months I will sometimes place sunflower seeds at my kitchen window ledge, then as I am busy at my kitchen sink I am able to enjoy my feathered friend's closer visits.

1 comment:

elizabeth said...

love these moments so much! It is such a blessing that we can read our Lord's Word!!!

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...