Friday, November 29, 2019

seeing and hearing november

November brought steady rainfall as well as glorious days of sunlight on color.  I choose to stay outdoors as much as possible on the days that were fair. The pleasant job of setting the garden to rest began in earnest with pulling up the zinnia and nasturtium plants that finally succumbed to the cold night's freeze as well as the snipping and cutting back of the other plants and herbs in the garden beds. November is also a time to plant bulbs in the still soft earth looking forward to the hopeful arrival of daffodils, tulips and crocuses yet several months away.  Intrusive leaf blowers were certainly heard, either your own or your neighbors at any time during the day for weeks on end.
This Thanksgiving morning I was antsy quite early to get outside for a walk; the sky was pewter gray as I set out, yet I expected the sun to be shining by the time I got back to the house.  I observed the few tenacious dusky leaves that remained on the tress.

Home to preparing the breakfast I had promised my husband.

From here the photos stop, therefore, seeing the wonderful foods gracing the Thanksgiving table at Witt and Claire's house are not possible. The happy family time that followed kept my mind on other things besides picking up my camera to snap pictures. The voices of excited children as we arrived, the stirring of the gravy in a cast iron pan with Breanna by my side being given careful instruction. Imagine a vase of bright sunflowers in the center of the table, cinnamon ornaments with our written names on them set in the middle on each plate, and the abundance of delicious traditional foods surrounding us. Hear the prayers and the giving of thanks to our loving Father in Heaven.

No comments:

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...