Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Yarn Along and noted things

Knitting and reading, yes, I am very pleased to be able to have the sound mind and healthy hands to do both, though not simultaneously. And pleased I am to join in with Ginny's monthly Yarn Along.  I knitted all month and I read all month, most of the time in tiny starts and stops amongst a month of noting the shortening daylight and the preparations necessary for the colder weather that follows these shorter days. The progress on my knitting, however small, is rightly noted.
I am making a dent in the gray wrapper, and the anticipation of wearing it is almost like waiting for Christmas. You want it to hurry up and get here, but the delight in the before days is nothing short of wonderful.
     


My most recent read was a book by J.L. Carr, A Month in the Country, from start to finish a novel consisting of only a 111 pages. I appreciated the story told in this novel and looked forward to picking it up nightly, but sometimes by reading it late at night I felt like I might have cheated myself of the depths of its message. A note to remind myself to pick up this book and revisit it one summer while at the beach.
And the socks are a pair I began last winter and set aside for other handwork. This is the season to pick them up once again as a carry along project even though now that Charlotte is driving I am not leaving the house allowing me little bits of time to knit while waiting for her.
Things change.
 One other thing I would like to note here: I am knitting these socks in Malabrigo Sock yarn on Signature   2.5 double point needles. Last year for my birthday I ask for a set of these needles, because they are that expensive and must be deemed a gift!
I can not say I totally like them, but then it might be the yarn, which while lovely it is very soft and slick.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I've had that book on my to-read list for a while now. It sounds very intriguing. I'll have to move it up the list as I've been in a reading slump lately.

All the knitting looks great!

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...