Thursday, December 8, 2022

the back hallway

The southern exposure of the back stairway is welcomed on sunny days, full of dancing shadows and bold glares as one traverses up the red-carpeted stairs.
Many will ask me if our home has all the bedrooms located upstairs. The answer to that is yes, all the bedrooms are upstairs.I guess they are thinking of aging and what stairs might mean for future mobility or maybe unexpected health issues making stair climbing difficult for a time.
But I like going up the stairs to get to my bedroom. But I am never one that does not think ahead for future possibilities, so there is a room downstairs that could be converted into a bedroom if ever needed.  



 

"All right I think we've been down here in the dark long enough. 
There's a whole other world upstairs. 

1 comment:

GretchenJoanna said...

That stair carpeting is gorgeous!

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...