Saturday, December 12, 2009

Layering

I've always loved the layering of things. Whether it be the everyday clothes I am wearing, dressing for snow play outside, making lasagna or salads, whatever, layering makes complete sense to me and is a process I find gratifying.

I also have a weakness for tiramisu. Therefore, when a dessert was needed to carry to Claire's Christmas party I decided a tiramisu trifle would be just the thing.

This recipe is a combination of many other recipes, I made it my own by incorporating what I think was the best of them all.

Homemade custard with mascarpone cheese,
Ladyfingers dipped in coffee and kahlua, and a topping of whipped cream dusted with a layer of powdered cocoa.

Carried in my arms along the highways and byways in order to arrive safe and sound.

5 comments:

PAK ART said...

That sounds and look absolutely delicious except the coffee part; I don't care for coffee. Otherwise, perfect!

The dB family said...

Mmmm! This sounds wonderful!!!

Blessings!
Deborah

crochet lady said...

Sounds good. I think I've only had that desert once. It looks really pretty in the glass dish.

Hill upon Hill said...

I think I like layering too.

jan said...

Oh my goodness, that looks so delicious! It does look like it was fun to make as well.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...