And then there was today:
- I made lamb stew with Sunday's leftover leg of lamb for supper tonight.
- Even though that seems like a cold blustery day meal, and today is cloudless with gentle breezes, and I've seen my children run by in the tall green grass with barefeet.
- Buttermilk biscuits were made with tablespoons of butter cut into bite-size pieces.
- When the hot biscuits came out of the oven, I could not resist and ate one.
- Slender stems of asparagus roasted in the oven with a tad of olive oil. By the way, asparagus can be eaten with the fingers, I personally was delighted to find this bit of information.
- After calling the children and my husband to come eat and waiting for at least 10 minutes without results, I ate alone. The longer days and warm, sunny weather keeps them satisfied outside until either darkness falls or everyone else goes in for supper.
- Yes, it was different, but I had Bing Crosby on CD to keep me company. It was fine until he began singing "Jingle Bells" and "I'll Be Home For Christmas". I laughed alone too.
- Came upstairs to discover my husband in the office, it seems he did not hear me call, so I will now go and fix his supper. But I will sit with him and smock....he will not need to eat alone.