Friday, September 10, 2010

Switcheroo


The old dining room was painted this week. It will become the new living room.

I have been contemplating this switch for quite some time now. It just took convincing some that it was a tremendously smart move. More wonderful people will be able to fit around our dining table, and in this case, more is better.

This chandelier will have to go, but I plan to keep the medallion on the ceiling and add a formal light fixture more appropriate for a living room setting.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

2 comments:

crochet lady said...

Switching rooms is fun. We switched our dining room and living room a few years ago, but in my case we needed the bigger space for our living room. Actually, we don't even have a dining room anymore, because that room is now my crafting room. Our dining table is in the kitchen.

The dB family said...

I have always loved those ceiling medallions. Perhaps when our reno/addition finally begins I can have one put in the "new" dining room.

Blessings!
Deborah

november as it looks now

"After the leaves come down, the countryside has an open look. New vistas appear, hills unseen when summer's wealth of green is spr...