Thursday, September 20, 2012

home educated


"I enjoy doing housework, ironing, washing, cooking, dishwashing. Whenever I get one of those questionnaires that ask what is your profession, I always put down housewife. It's an admirable profession, why apologize for it. You aren't stupid because you are a housewife. When you are stirring the jam you can read Shakespeare."     ~Tasha Tudor~


I love this quote by Tasha Tudor. One evening for supper I was cooking what I consider a very tasty and humble meal of salmon cakes along side a pot of crowder peas. It wasn't Shakespeare that I was reading that particular time, but an excellent record of Roman History that precedes the ongoing Latin lessons.

3 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

amen and amen!

The dB family said...

Love it!!

Blessings!
Deborah

Karen Andreola said...

I've always liked this quote by Tasha Tudor. She was unashamedly straightforward in her opinions - no beating around the bush.

Salmon cakes or fish cakes are elegant, I think. Tasha has them in her cookbook. They are nice and neat, tasty with chopped herbs and can only be had by a cook who has taken care to measure, mix, form, and then flip them in a frying pan - nothing like what is boxed in the freezer section of the supermarket.
Yours look fabulous.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...