Friday, March 4, 2011

chocolate kisses

  





My father loved chocolate kisses. Therefore,  when he arrived at our house in December we filled a basket full of them and he would have his daily fill of chocolate kisses. The day finally came when he was no longer interested in eating them and he would call Charlotte over to his bedside and place one in her hand. She became very proficient in asking for them until the basket was empty. 


The process of grief can take sweet forms too. We made a trip to *Target* and purchased bags of chocolate kisses which were poured  into a silver-plated bowl. They were set on a pedestal beside my father at visitation Tuesday night. 

Handfuls of sweet chocolaty remembrances.
 Daddy would have liked that.

4 comments:

The dB family said...

Beautiful, Cathy! It brought tears to my eyes.

Blessings and hugs!
Deborah

stitching under oaks said...

oh Sally, I'm so sorry for your loss. the memories do seem to be in the small things don't they? You'll be in my prayers as you journey through this season of loss.

stitching under oaks said...

oh man...I wrote Sally (I think?)...I meant Cathy (I know). I was just on your profile page trying to find an email link...sorry for the confusion. I read through some of your other posts and have been praying for you. What a blessing you are to have cared for your father in his last days.

Hill upon Hill said...

Oh I am so sorry that I have not been reading more regularly and that you have had so much in your life that I have missed.

My late, but heartfelt prayers for you and your family.

With love from Australia...

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...