Thursday, May 5, 2011

hands and knees scrubbing

I was ironing a wrinkled jumper I was planning to wear this morning.   Usually the place to do this sort of ironing at my house is in the bathroom.

Yuck, my bathroom floor felt horrible to my bare feet!

"It needs a wee bit of proper on hands and knees scrubbing," me says to myself. (I know none of you talk to yourself!)

The usual quick mopping will not do the job adequately; it is time to grab a bucket of warm soapy water, a large rag and get down on my hands and knees for some serious scrubbing.

How do you keep your floors clean? Mopping or hands and knees scrubbing?

6 comments:

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Hi Cathy,
Well... on the knees but NOT often enough! Hee hee hee!
I can not use the mop because I have 4 big doggies... two with long white hair .....
Blessings Linnie

PS (I seem to have quite a few conversations with the "self"!
"Self" usually has some very good insight)! Heeeee

crochet lady said...

Well, to be truthful I hardly ever mop. Especially the front entry, because it is constatly dirty or muddy or filled with some kind of manly stuff. I usually just sweep or vaccume well. But that's just me, I really dislike housekeeping. I do the basics and like to have things looking neat, but rarely do the deep cleaning stuff.

Leslie said...

I can't believe you didn't have one of your fabulous pictures to go with this post. =D

Back when we had linoleum in the kitchen and the kids were smaller I would get on my hands and knees and scruuuuuuub. But these days I don't do that. The tile we have now doesn't feel as dirty, or maybe it is the fact that the floors stay cleaner because the kids are bigger. I dunno which it is.

no spring chicken said...

Me thinks mops for weekly, and hand and knees scrubbing monthly...

Blessings, Debbie

The dB family said...

I'm a knees scrubber too. I always think that the mop just doesn't get it clean enough. I don't do it as often as I should, but when I do, I feel I'd better do it right.

Blessings!
Deborah

Hill upon Hill said...

Hello, a quick whip around with paper towel and eucalyptus or vinegar does the trick. Girls and their long hair!

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...