Tuesday, May 22, 2018

at the shore cum amica mea

So it was that on Thursday afternoon we headed out to the beach, two young girls (Charlotte and her friend), me and my friend, and Rancher, the Boykin Spaniel, squeezed into the back seat between the  girls. But excitement was way too high to let anything bother, even the sometimes heavy traffic and scattered rainstorms.

We read. 
I read this book while my friend read her latest book club's selection by Diane Mott Davidson.




We knitted.
We walked.


Some of us walked quite a bit to the pier in the rain making "enoing" possible.


And of course, Charlotte danced.

Having friends is a sweet form of respite. Doing the things we enjoy together, laughter, and hours of conversations flowing of life's current events while recalling the years of old memories. This friend lost her husband in a tragic air plane crash well over five years ago. Of course, we talked of him and of her three grown sons, remembering our sons many adventures together through the years. 
Now Charlotte has gotten to know this friend better, and thankfully we are still making memories

1 comment:

melissa said...

Lovely photos. Makes me feel restful, a rarity. But Middlemarch...plowed through it a couple of years ago. Not a fan. The main character made me itch!

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...