Tuesday, March 29, 2011

pretty contrasts

  There have been times these past few days that the thoughts of stoking a woodstove seemed desirable, but today Spring burst forth and decided to warm us up once again. On my afternoon walk, under cloudless skies of blue, the redbud blossoms were dazzlingly enchanting.


The blue and pink theme reminded me of babies and their cuddly soft blankets. Yet no baby announcements are presently coming across my desk. Instead I am seeing creamy invitations from brides-to-be with approaching wedding dates.

Then as part of our afternoon, we have the matter of girls in pink boots building forts by the creek.


And maidens fair that walked amongst the woody lushness.


I melted under such warmth.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I didn't realize your girls were so young. Beautiful blue and purple spring picture! Looks like everyone is enjoying being outside.

crochet lady said...

Sounds like a lovely day among the springtime blossoms.

Life In a Little House said...

beautiful pictures enjoy your spring weather ~Love Heather

The dB family said...

Mmmm, beautiful. I can hardly wait to feel the warmth and see the beautiful redbud blossoms.

Thank you for satiating my senses.

Blessings!
Deborah

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...