Wednesday, February 22, 2017

dreams of spring yarn along



 Knitting and reading... ahhh; a most delightful pursuit on the best of days, irregardless of the weather outside. And my world is shouting "SPRING"; perhaps too early, the peach crops will tell the true story this summer.

This particular knitting project was knitted in Baby Bee Sweet Delight, colorway, get this, Boo Pink...love it! The pattern can be found on Ravelry, Garter Yoke Baby Cardi by Jennifer Hoel. 

This sweater is an accessory for a smocked bishop dress I am presently sewing for baby Ivy, of course. I am thinking Easter dress, but her first birthday is just around the corner, so who knows.  Spring can be finicky in these parts so you never know when you might need a wrap or sweater of some sort for a chilly Easter morn. I lined the back of the garter yoke sweater with the fabric in the dress and likewise covered one 5/8 inch button at the top.

The book is typical Susan Branch charm. I especially love her quotes scattered throughout the handwritten pages.

Another wonderful opportunity to join with Ginny's Yarn Along this Wednesday.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful workmanship!!!!

laura@sewknitgrow said...

The fabric lining on the back yoke is so sweet! Super cute!

Unknown said...

Oh my. I'm simply in love with both the dress and the sweater. I want to learn smocking someday!!!! Your projects are very springy. I will have to check the sweater pattern out ... looks like it would be an excellent one for my girlies. :-)

melissa said...

Your handwork is exquisite, and can't believe baby Ivy is almost one. My goodness.

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

I just love the fabric and covered button additions - makes that cardigan just super sweet!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Such a beautiful little like cards/sweater. I love the lining on it too.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...