Thursday, September 26, 2019

healthy sourdough donuts

Evidently I was in one of those moods to fidget with another sourdough food, with the thought of why not? And why not indeed. Fidgeting seems to overcome me from time to time in spite of  a plethora of things that are more pressing in my day.


So from here I give you my take on these healthy donuts. They do not taste bad at all, I like the sourdough taste and since you do add a small amount of sugar before the kneading process that makes them more of a sweet bread item. After frying them in coconut oil they are rolled in a plate of brown sugar and cinnamon which adds a tasty touch too.

Yet here is the question. Would I make them again? Probably not. They are not good enough to make any one of us eat more than one, and I am constantly having to face the fact that my household is only composed of three now ( not counting the cats). That makes experiments of this sort wasteful to a degree, but not completely a wash-out because I know now I definitely would not make them even if I had a household of visitors.
 The recipe can be found here if you get the fidgets. But for now my fidgets are calm.

No comments:

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...