Thursday, November 11, 2021

adding pumpkin pie spice to your life

I do not know why we wait until autumn to reach for our favorite pumpkin recipes. To my way of thinking some of the most desired seasonal recipes involve pumpkin. So it goes without much ado that the decision to add a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice to my morning coffee au lait is a good choice.  That tiny stream of spice sits atop the foamy hot milk awaiting that first sip.


Here is a simple Pumpkin Pie Spice Recipe that I especially like:

3 Tablespoons of ground cinnamon

2 teaspoons of ground nutmeg

2 teaspoons of ground ginger

1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cloves

1 1/2 teaspoons of ground allspice

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing! We had a recipe that called for Pumpkin Pie Spice and didn't have any on hand - though we had all the ingredients! I'll save your recipe so that we can make some next time. :)

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...