Saturday, June 25, 2011

she kneads the dough

Lately the girls and I have rediscovered the art of making our own pizzas. No more salty pizza toppings filled with nitrates and preservatives for us, we have aspired on to higher and healthier pizzas of thin homemade crusts with the addition of natural toppings from where the tossing on of this and the placing of that makes for a delicious meal.




Due to Charlotte's discriminating taste buds half of the pizza absolutely must be cheese and pepperoni only, while Rose and I have discovered a most satisfying combination: olives, fresh tomatoes, feta cheese, basil and balsamic vinegar. The basil and vinegar are added to the hot pizza after it is removed from the oven.

I have plans to take my homemade pizza making frenzy to the grill very soon; fresh ingredients at my fingertips and a charcoal grill at my disposal, seems like the reasonable thing to do.

5 comments:

Gigi said...

There's nothing better, is there? We've been liking our pizza as simple as possible lately -- homegrown tomatoes, basil and fresh mozarella -- yum!
Blessings,
GG

crochet lady said...

Nice! When my boys were smaller, I used to make homemade pizza quite a bit. It would be nice to do that again once in a while. Your topping combination sound great.

no spring chicken said...

You just made me feel guilty! My husband is gone picking up a pizza right now. I always make my own! Yours do look way better than what we are about to partake of... way better! :)

Blessings, Debbie

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Yum! Fresh homemade pizzas are wonderful. When we use half home-ground flour for the bases they become even more filling and delicious.

The dB family said...

Mmmmm! That sounds delicious! I can't wait to start harvesting basil if only just for pizza!

Blessings!
Deborah

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...