Sunday, January 18, 2009

Happy things

"Come, let us have some tea and continue to talk about happy things."
Chaim Potok,The Chosen












I received this stout teapot from Witt as a Christmas gift. I certainly have enjoyed putting it to use almost every afternoon when my energies web and I need a little pick-me-up both mentally and physically. Rose and Charlotte will hurriedly finish up any leftover matters (such as schoolwork and chores) and we sit down to a pot of hot tea, of course, we talk about happy things!












Don't you just love the peekings of these flowers over the rim of the teacup?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Tea! Yes it's wonderful in the afternoons,and my favorite seems to be peppermint these days. Or hot cocoa on a snowy day. Which they're predicting for tonight!!!
I've not tried sprinkles on our cocoa here at home. Why didn't that ever cross my mind?? Thanks for the idea. I'm running out to the store this morning 'cause you know we can't be without our milk and bread when it snows....;o) I'll have to pick up some sprinkles.
Have a warm, happy day,
Karen

crochet lady said...

Tea is one of my favorite things. And it's better shared. I have a picture in my house with this statement on it - 'I'm glad I wasn't born before tea.'

Hill upon Hill said...

I love how you sit with your daughters and share.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...