Monday, June 29, 2009

Blueberry and Blackberry Fields

By the railroad tracks lies a blueberry and blackberry farm. While we picked this morning a passenger train, then a carrier train whizzed by the berry fields. How awful to be riding the train and see the plump ripe berries hanging on those vines and bushes and not be able to immediately plop one in the mouth.

The skies were blue, our teeth were blue, and our fingers were purple.


But nothing could be finer than to be in those fields this summer morning.

4 comments:

crochet lady said...

We have blackberry patches by our house, but I have always wanted to have blueberries. I don't think I have ever even picked a blueberry off of a bush.

Thanks for explaining about the linked stories. I'll give it a try.

Oh, and Queen Anne's Lace is one of my favorites too. I forgot about that. It grew like a weed on the farm where I grew up, but it does not grow in my neck of the woods now. I miss the lacey bouquets I used to pick as a kid.


Love,
Jen

PAK ART said...

That would be torture to see the plump berries and not be able to grab one. Sounds like you all made up for it though.

jan said...

It looks like a wonderful way to start the day!

Hill upon Hill said...

I enjoyed strawberry picking when I was in the United States.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...