Saturday, July 4, 2009

Outside

Since the weather has been heavenly for July, and a holiday always screams for extras, we have eaten as many meals outside as possible,


beginning with breakfast on the patio

and ending with supper in the backyard. My husband had an idea that Alaskan crab legs would be a wonderful feast last night. We worked hard for every single morsel of sweet meat.

Completed "cute" skirt just waiting for cute pink sandals to cover my bare feet. Does anyone else go barefoot during the summer?


A game of Bocce to stir up the competitive spirit just waiting on the horizon of an absolutely perfect day.

Need to scoot, we will be celebrating with dear friends tonight at our house. Typical July 4th fare.....hamburgers, hotdogs, watermelon, homemade strawberry ice cream, lemonade....

....The volley ball net is up too.....more competitive juices are flowing.

2 comments:

crochet lady said...

Sounds like you had a nice family time. Like your patriotic plates.

We enjoy playing bocce too.

PAK ART said...

I've never played bocce...similar to croquet? Your skirt does look cute - if I were just a wee bit thinner I might start wearing skirts, I used to love them.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...