Thursday, January 18, 2018

wintry day things to do

Knitting a new project:



 This particular pattern was gifted to me by Charlotte's piano teacher just last week. I gladly offered to pay her for the pattern, but she resisted, saying she would never knit such a lengthy project. While Charlotte and friends ice skated last Friday, I hurriedly made a stop to my local yarn shop and purchased this yarn. Easy knitting for TV watching and podcast listening in the evenings.

Walking outside:


I must start off by saying that I live in what is considered the southern part of the US. Yet, I am thankful that the region I live in is still in the northern hemisphere. Therefore, we do get all four seasons and this winter has been wonderfully cold. The cold and wet collided yesterday and we welcomed the most beautiful winter wonderland imaginable. My solitary walk in the woods was nothing less than bliss. Can you see the snowflakes falling in front of my face? One is caught right in the corner of my eye! I am wearing my knitted Baa-ble hat and a grey cowl  I knitted several years back.

Excercising inside my home:
While stretching this morning I listened to this Mason Jar podcast hosted by Circe Institute with Cindy Rollins, and I was thinking how other mothers might need to hear this too, no matter where you are on your parenting and /or homeschooling journey.

So what are some wintry activities you might be doing?

2 comments:

melissa said...

It was beautiful here as well. And SO cold! The kids had to limit how long they stayed out. Frostbite warnings, which was something new. But still...such a refreshing change to have snow, being Southerners too .

Hill upon Hill said...

Oh I am looking forward to Winter...

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...