Tuesday, March 6, 2018

tea relish

Funny how little things scurry into my mind these days. Things "au nouveau" that prick interest, the voice in the back of my mind until I absolutely must do something about it. So here I am this first week of spring, with chai tea of the brain. 
Yes, it helped that I had an wonderful day with a long-time friend this past Saturday and as we hopped into a little shop of tea on State Street, there on the wooden shelves was what my brain had been voicing...masala chai tea. At $13.00( 2.7 oz. bag) I knew my next assignment was to gather all my needed ingredients to make my own masal chai tea mix in the future. 

I am presently searching what I need. I will let do a future post on chai tea making 101. 

For now, I am happy to turn on my tea kettle, heat up my milk, and scoop my purchased loose masala chai tea into a cup to steep for 3-4 minutes. 

1 comment:

melissa said...

The best chai I've ever had was some I made from scratch, with a recipe I got online. I can't pat myself on the back, since it was someone else's recipe, but it was perfect! I've bought chai tea and the liquid concentrate from Tazo, but none compared. Will enjoy what you find out. Please do share.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...