Wednesday, October 21, 2009

beyond badminton

I was sitting outside, a bright sunshiny day, literally soaking in the ray's warmth. A mug of Celestial Seasons Apple Cinnamon Spice Tea, a granola-nut crispy cookie, and a newly arrived cookbook itching to be read, were my immediate companions as the girls entertained themselves around me with their various activities.

Then Charlotte brought me a badminton rack.
"Play with me".
Volleying a birdie back and forth.

It was a moment worth catching.


3 comments:

PAK ART said...

you are a good mommy. I would have been sorely tempted to tell the kids to go away, mom needs some alone time. But the time spent with your kids is really way more important than anything else.

Rhonda said...

Sometimes those quiet Mom moments are happily put aside. :)
Sounds like fun!

The dB family said...

Beautiful! Those childhood moments are so fleeting when they still ask us to play.

Blessings!
Deborah

PS We had pesto for supper last night! It's one of my favorite ways to eat pasta.

a chickadee

 I have taken to afternoon walks in the fields along the side of the woodlands. Today I carried along a small pair of binoculars hoping to c...